Friday, January 2, 2009

Pictures of some unique beads - all from paper





These are beads made from paper that was 25" long. I cut the triangles to only 1/2" at the base - as you roll more and more of the paper, it gives them this nearly ball shape.



The tube beads shown below are made of a topographical maps. You can carefully cut and allow words to show up on the beads!

My friend received an envelope that had the inside covered in red

U's (for University of Utah). I carefully cut the envelope to get these beads. They are small and dainty and will make great earrings!






This was a special order. The lady brought me 3 sheets of scrap booking paper in colors she loved. What a gorgeous 4th of July set! But I made each color into its own necklace so that you can wear them separately if you want to. I'm all for flexibility. That way you wear the necklace more often - better price value!


1 comment:

karmicwindows said...

I started off using magazines and newspapers for my beads which made nice beads but, in my opinion, nothing salable. The I found this company Rethought Expressions that sells pre-cut beading strips made from wallpaper. I didn't have to use as much (shorter strips) and got a heavier duty, less bulky bead with truly unique designs.